Advantages and Disadvantages of Ecommerce
The invention of faster internet connectivity and powerful online tools has resulted in a new commerce arena – Ecommerce. Ecommerce offered many advantages to companies and customers but it also caused many problems.
Advantages of Ecommerce
- Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to find products.
- Buying/selling 24/7.
- More reach to customers, there is no theoretical geographic limitations.
- Low operational costs and better quality of services.
- No need of physical company set-ups.
- Easy to start and manage a business.
- Customers can easily select products from different providers without moving around physically.
Disadvantages of Ecommerce
- Any one, good or bad, can easily start a business. And there are many bad sites which eat up customers’ money.
- There is no guarantee of product quality.
- Mechanical failures can cause unpredictable effects on the total processes.
- As there is minimum chance of direct customer to company interactions, customer loyalty is always on a check.
- There are many hackers who look for opportunities, and thus an ecommerce site, service, payment gateways, all are always prone to attack.
<< Blog Home